Friday, September 12, 2014

4. Roanoke: Story of County and City

Title: Roanoke: Story of County and City
Author: Virginia Writers' Project
Year Published: 1942
Year Printed:1942

Date Acquired: September 11, 2014
Where Purchased: Too Many Books, Roanoke, VA
Price Paid: $40

Read Status: Read (December 22, 2014)

Notes/Thoughts
  • I almost didn't get this book because of the price. I had found another American Guide series book in South Carolina earlier in the week that was way overpriced ($100 vs. $10 on Amazon) that I didn't get. After finding that this was priced comparable if not cheaper than Amazon I decided it was worth it, especially since I actually found it in Roanoke and I'm not planning to start buying books for my 1940s collection online anytime soon.
  • Interesting localized history, although there is a lot of just listing of names within the narrative as well as the extensive appendixes on Officers of Roanoke County and City and Veterans from the county.

No comments:

Post a Comment