Friday, December 12, 2014

7. Reveille in Washington

Title: Reveille in Washington
Author: Margaret Leech
Year Published: 1941
Year Printed: 1941

Date Acquired: December 11, 2014
Where Purchased: City Center Gallery & Books, Fayetteville, NC
Price Paid: $5

Read Status: Read (April 7, 2015)

Notes/Thoughts
  • For months I've been meaning to get a D.C. book for my collection, but I meant to do that as a quick metro trip from home. So much for trying to diversify my collection from being so Virginia/D.C. area dominant by stopping in another state this road trip. However, somehow I have managed to have the first seven books printed in seven different years.
  • I found the Ladies in Durance chapter particularly interesting as it tells about Mrs. Greenbow and other Confederate spies imprisoned in D.C. during the war.
  • The description of Mary Todd Lincoln's half-sister's visit was also quite interesting as Emili Helm was a rebel. (p. 306-7).

No comments:

Post a Comment